Courts in Alberta can grant orders which prohibit one person from having any contact with another person.
Such orders may be warranted when situations arise from domestic violence, alcohol and drug addictions, substance abuse, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation and mental disorders.
Some such orders are:
- Emergency Protection Orders
- Queen's Bench Protection Orders
- Confirming Orders
- Restraining Orders
- Mutual No Contact Orders
- Exclusive home possession orders
- Orders to protect children and youth from sexual exploitation and abuse
- Orders to protect children and youth from abusing drugs
- Involuntary hospitalization and commitment orders of individuals suffering from mental illness
- Orders to apprehend children to protect children and youth from neglect, physical abuse, emotional and sexual abuse
- Human Trafficking Protection Orders